Exact Audio Copy error when accessing freedb.org
brucegillespie99
2003-03-02 06:01:37 UTC
Exact Audio Copy error when accessing freedb.org

Hi. I am experiencing an error when I use the option on Exact
Audio Copy
to get (Track List) cd info from the remote freedb site. The eror is

Transfer
CD Identification
Accessing Freedb

It is wierd, because it automatically picks up the Artist and album
of the
two cds I have tested it with (Underworld, Beaucoup Fish and Beth
Orton,
Trailer Park), but not the track titles. When I try to populate the
track
titles using the menu (Database, Get Cd Information From, Remote
Freedb) (or
<cntl> - g, the KB shortcut) I get theabove error.

I have:

Confirmed that the freedb wesite is up, and that I can search and
retrieve
the titles above manually.
Checked the syntax of the freedb address and confirmed it is ok
Changed the f12 Free DB / Database options and tried six different
sites
(after downloading the latest list)
Picked the closest site - I am in australia - it now fails quicker
Disabled Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti Virus.

All to no avail - it has failed more than 20 times tonight - no
success.

I am at a loss. A google search hasn't been of any help - does
anyone know
what is happening here, and how to fix it? The program is brilliant
otherwise, and I really want to get ripping.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Bruce Gillespie
brucegillespie-***@public.gmane.org

An offset list can be found on http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac00.htm

Steven Kramer
2003-03-03 02:41:34 UTC
Bruce,

I have had a similar problem, but only with certain CDs (mainly jazz ones
for some reason). Anyway, the solution that works for me is to "Clear the
actual CD information" from the Database menu and then to "Get the CD
information" from freedb.

--Steve
Official Exact Audio Copy mailing list http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

peter9f
2003-03-05 03:30:08 UTC
I've been having the same problem, and this proposed solution did not
work for me. Anybody have any other ideas? I've noticed that with
the same CD, I can type in all the info manually and submit it to the
freedb, and the next day that info is retrievable from freedb. Now
I'm wondering whether this "server error" is instead a non-elegant
way of saying "i don't have your cd info".
Post by Steven Kramer
otherwise, and I really want to get ripping.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks and Regards,
Bruce Gillespie
Official Exact Audio Copy mailing list
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
Post by Steven Kramer
To unsubscribe send mail to eac-
An offset list can be found on
http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac00.htm
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
An offset list can be found on http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac00.htm

Freenet
2003-03-05 08:56:13 UTC
Hello
I´m desperatly trying to get out of this mailing circle without any results.
I´m getting so many mails, I do not want to get.
Can you please help me with my problem.
I tried sending an mail to "unsubscribe...."wich doesn´t work becouse it
cant finde such an address...

Please help me!
Thanks alot!
Majka
Post by Steven Kramer
actual CD information" from the Database menu and then to "Get the
CD
Post by Steven Kramer
information" from freedb.
--Steve

Todd Fields
2003-03-06 16:26:00 UTC
Hello
I�m desperatly trying to get out of this mailing
circle without any results.
I�m getting so many mails, I do not want to get.
Have you tried the directions for unsubscribing which
are at the bottom of every single e-mail from this group?